To obtain an Academic Fee Waiver, please be sure to provide the necessary documentation to the park at least 3 weeks in advance of your visit.
Criteria for Academic Fee Waivers:
National or international applicants must prove they are a school or bona fide academic institution by submitting one of the following types of documentation:
- A statement confirming educational or scientific tax exemption from the IRS or the applicant's national, state, or local tax authority; or
- A statement, from a bona fide academic institution meeting one of these eligibility standards, confirming that the group is visiting for the purpose of providing transferable academic credit based on a curriculum; or
- A statement of accreditation or recognition as an educational institution from a legitimate international, national, regional, state, or local authority for the applicant's location.
2) Educational Purpose of the Visit
Applicants must provide a written statement (documentation) verifying that the visit supports a specific curriculum for which academic credit is awarded.
3) Relevance of Park Resources or Facilities
Applicants must provide a written statement identifying the park resources and/or facilities that will be used to support the educational purpose of the visit, and how they are relevant to that purpose.
How to Apply:
Mail, fax, or email documentation at least 3 weeks prior to your visit. Please include the date you plan to visit and your contact information.
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Attn: Fee Program Manager
PO Box 7
Medora, ND 58645
- Groups arriving without an approved fee waiver will be charged an entrance fee.
- Commercial enterprises are not eligible for fee waivers, but school groups using a commercial vehicle for transportation only may apply for a waiver.
- Generally, service, civic, and fraternal organizations (Scouting, Rotary, Elks, etc.) do not qualify for an Academic Fee Waiver.
For further assistance contact the Fee Management Office at 701-623-4730 ext 1426.