The preserve is located in northern Chase County, Kansas 2 miles north of intersection U.S. Hwy 50 and Flint Hills National Scenic Byway 177 (K-177) west of Strong City. Watch for brown attraction signs.
The preserve is located:
- 2 miles north of Strong City, KS on K-177
- 16 miles west of Emporia, KS on U.S. Hwy 50 and 2 miles north on K-177
- 17 miles south of Council Grove, KS on K-177
- 85 miles northeast of Wichita on I-35, U.S. Hwy 50, and K-177
- 60 miles southwest of Topeka on I-335 (Kansas Turnpike) to Emporia, then 16 miles west on U.S. Hwy 50 and 2 miles north on K-177
Kansas City and Wichita International Airports
From the Kansas City / Overland Park area, travel southwest on I-35 to Emporia, KS. At Emporia travel 16 miles west on U.S. Hwy 50 and north for 2 miles on K-177.
From Wichita travel northeast on I-335 (Kansas Turnpike) to Cassody (exit 92). Travel north on K-177 for 25 miles to Strong City. Travel slow and watch for the K-177 sign in downtown Strong City. Turn left and continue to follow K-177 west and then north as it crosses over U.S. Hwy 50. Travel north 2 miles on K-177 and watch for the small brown attraction sign and buildings on the west side of the highway.
If you miss the K-177 sign in Strong City, travel north through the town. All north/south streets run into U.S. Hwy 50. Turn west on U.S. Hwy 50, traveling approximately 1 mile, watching for large brown attraction sign. Take the exit (right turn) and travel north on K-177 for 2 miles. The preserve is on the west side of the highway.