Wildflowers bloom throughout the prairie growing season. Different colors and shapes attract pollinators to feed. Every two weeks, another few species add their annual color to the beauty of the landscape.

Aesthetics aside, wildflowers and account for roughly 80% of the prairie's biodiversity. Despite this high number, they only cover 20% of the ground. The remaining 80% of ground is covered by 70 grass species. Three hundred species of forbs and flowers are found in an area dominated by 70 grasses.

Last updated: March 3, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

2480B KS Hwy 177
Strong City, KS 66869


620 273-8494 x270

Contact Us