|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Cecilia Shields, 928-526-1157 x228
FLAGSTAFF, ARIZONA – Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater Volcano, and Wupatki National Monuments will join the Coconino and Kaibab National Forests in implementing Stage I Fire Restrictions on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Stage I fire restrictions within the Flagstaff National Monuments prohibits:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire in the monuments.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or in the designated area in at the visitor centers.
Know Before You Go! The public can obtain additional fire information from these sources:
- Arizona Fire Restrictions - https://firerestrictions.us/az/
- Arizona Interagency Wildfire Prevention and Information Website - http://wildlandfire.az.gov/
- Fire Restrictions on Public Lands in Arizona and New Mexico - 1-877-864-6985
- Coconino National Forest - https://www.fs.usda.gov/coconino
- Kaibab National Forest - https://www.fs.usda.gov/kaibab
About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America's 417 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Visit us at www.nps.govon Facebook www.facebook.com/nationalparkservice, Twitter www.twitter.com/natlparkservice, and YouTube www.youtube.com/nationalparkservice.
Last updated: April 26, 2018