Visit one of these national parks to experience natural phenomena—the Northern Lights, eclipses, and more! You can also learn which parks are in the path of the full solar eclipse in August 2017.
Where to View the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)These are a few of the parks where you may be able to catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis—if the conditions are right!
- Cape Krusenstern National Monument (Alaska)
- Denali National Park (Alaska)
- Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve (Washington)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve (Colorado)
- Isle Royale National Park (MIchigan)
- Katmai National Park & Preserve (Alaska)
- Kenai Fjords National Park (Alaska)
- Kobuk Valley National Park (Alaska)
- Lake Clark National Park & Preserve (Alaska)
- Noatak National Preserve (Alaska)
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park (North Dakota)
- Voyageurs National Park (Minnesota)
- Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve (Alaska)
Last updated: March 31, 2017