Winter is behind us and it’s time to enjoy the benefits of spring! The world is waking up and shaking off the past months of cold. And of course, longer days means spending more time in the great outdoors! Be sure to spend time outside this spring and feel the healing power of nature!
Here are some fun ways to spring into health:
- Spring clean your brain! Springtime is full of new beginnings and fresh starts, so take some time to check in on your mental health. Write in a journal, meditate, or let your mind relax in nature. Prioritize positivity and wellness!
- Enjoy seasonal foods! Fresh fruits and vegetables are plentiful in the spring. Add them into your meals for good health that tastes delicious!
And celebrate with us as we look forward to health holidays!
- Month of March: What you eat matters! Food is how we fuel our lives, so make informed decisions about what you’re eating. Make good food choices and get some exercise too during National Nutrition Month! And join the conversation with #NationalNutritionMonth
This year the kick-off for National Park Week falls on Earth Day and National Park Day.
This year April 22 is Park Prescription (ParkRx) Day and Earth Day and kicks off the first day of National Park Week. You are invited to join in promoting the healing power of nature and protecting the planet for future generations on this special day.
Month of May: Mental health is essential to every person’s overall health and well-being, so make your own mental health a priority. Celebrate Mental Health Month and join the conversation with #MHM2019 #4Mind4Body #MentalHealthMonth
- Month of May: Celebrate National Physical Fitness & Sports Month by finding ways to #MoveYourWayOutdoors and enjoy benefits like reduced stress and a better mood. Want to learn different ways to #GetActive? Check out https://go.usa.gov/xH2Qk #MoveInMay
- Find more tips and tools for a healthy, active outdoor lifestyle on the CDC's Active People Healthy Nation and HHS's Move Your Way campaigns.
Last updated: March 30, 2023