Business Car #3. C0003, 81563
Business Car #3. Class: PV. Builder: Pullman Car and Manufacturing Corp., 1923.
Pullman Lot 4668, Plan 3399. Order placed by Nickel Plate (NKP) Railroad as NKP Business Car #27, and renumbered to NKP Business Car #2 in 1929. That same year, the car went to the Erie Railroad as Erie #3. The car contains two staterooms, two bedrooms, crew quarters, galley, dining room, and observation end. It is a heavyweight railroad car, featuring 6-wheel trucks.
Stationed in Jersey City, NJ, it was assigned to the assistant vice-president and general manger of the Erie Railroad’s Eastern District. When consolidation of passenger operations with the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad (DL&W) occurred in 1956, the car moved to, and was maintained at, Hoboken, NJ.
Open for walk-thru tours in History Museum.