The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers, and partners at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks is our number one priority. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance for this pandemic includes social distancing. Some popular areas at these parks may make it diffucult to meet current CDC guidance on social distancing. If you are coming to the park, please choose to visit areas that are not crowded to allow for adequate social distancing, or visit popular areas early in the day or late in the evening.
When services are limited, the National Park Service urges visitors to:
- Park only in designated areas.
- Pack out everything you bring into a park.
- Plan a visit at times other than busiest of the day.
- Maintain social distance from other visitors.
- If you encounter a crowded trail-head or overlook, go elsewhere.
- We are closely monitoring COVID-19 with the federal, state, and local authorities. The National Park Service encourages people who choose to visit park areas to adhere to guidance from the CDC and state and local public health authorities to protect visitors, employees, and more vulnerable populations.