Do Business With Us

Businesses in these parks provide vital services for our visitors and offer economic opportunities for people in nearby communities. If you'd like to operate a business here, it's likely that you'll need a commercial use authorization. These authorizations establish guidelines for protection of park landscapes and resources, especially in areas designated as wilderness.

Commercial use authorizations (CUAs) are most commonly used in these parks for businesses that operate guide services. These services include:

  • Guided day hiking and backpacking services
  • Guided mountaineering and wilderness ski mountaineering services
  • Guided snowshoeing and skiing services
  • Guided fishing services
  • Guided photography workshops
  • Guided sightseeing van tours
  • Guided pack and saddle stock services

Applying for a Commercial Use Authorization

If you are applying for a new CUA, please read the CUA Handbook. Permit applications for 2017 should be submitted in advance, preferably two months before an event, for consideration and processing.

2017 CUA Application and Instructions
Acknowledgement of Risk
Leave No Trace Video Clip
Monthly Use Report - Non-stock Operators
Sample Monthly Use Report - Non-stock Operators
Monthly Use Report - Stock Operators
Sample Monthly Use Report - Stock Operators
Annual Report for CUA Holders - due January 15, 2017

2018-2019 Wilderness CUAs

Wilderness applications for 2018-2019 are available. Applications for a CUA to operate within SEKI wilderness in 2018-2019 will only be available during a designated "open Season" - beginning July 17, 2017 and ending October 20, 2017. CUAs for commercial services in wilderness will be authorized for a two-year period, January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019.
2018-2019 Wilderness CUA Application and Instructions

For More Information about CUAs

If you have questions about CUAs or to determine if your activity requires one, please call (559) 565-4235 or e-mail the Commercial Services Office with the subject line "CUA."

Last updated: September 13, 2017

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

47050 Generals Highway
Three Rivers, CA 93271


(559) 565-3341

Contact Us