Special Use Permits

Special Use Permits are issued for short-term activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large.

These activities require some degree of management if there is a potential for interference with visitor use, congestion of a highly visited area, or possible impact on park resources.

Examples include weddings, family reunions, church services, first-amendment demonstrations, political events, public assemblies, and other ceremonies.

If you wish to obtain a special use permit for an activity not displayed below or to determine if your proposed activity requires a permit, please e-mail us with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits." Applications and payment must be submitted a minimum of 90 days prior to the event to be considered.

NPS Photo/ Scott Schweiger
Wedding Permits

Permits are required for all wedding ceremonies held in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Find out more!

View of the First Amendment area in the Giant Forest
Demonstration / First Amendment Permits

Find out more on Demonstration and First Amendment Permits.

Rainbow over the foothills
Ash Scattering

If you would like to scatter the remains of your loved one within the parks, please be aware of the regulations.

Last updated: July 24, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

47050 Generals Highway
Three Rivers, CA 93271


559 565-3341

Contact Us