Thank you for your interest in San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park’s free educational programs for students of all ages. We look forward to sharing the sights, sounds, smells and stories of Pacific Coast maritime history with your group!
- During the school year, Ranger-led programs for K-12 and educational institutions are conducted at 9:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Summer programs run from June 1 to August 31 and are available at 10:30 a.m.
- Teacher-led tours begin at 12:30 p.m.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- All reservations will be confirmed by email.
- The Park can accommodate up to 30 students at a time.
- Please provide the Park with advance notice of cancellations.
To make a reservation, please contact Catelyn Kindred at email@example.com or 415-292-6664, unless otherwise noted in the program's description. Be sure to review out Teacher Resources to choose the best program for your group.
Arrival locations vary based on your group’s program. Check your reservation confirmation to see where your program is located. If you’re running late, contact the Visitor Center (415) 447-5000. Click here for a map of the Park.
Hyde Street Pier
Meet inside the Visitor Center (on Jefferson and Hyde) and check in at the front desk.
Meet inside the Museum lobby (entrance on Beach Street at Polk).
GUIDELINES AND SAFETY
During your visit, we count on teachers and chaperones to help us provide a safe and rewarding experience for all. The Park requires one chaperone for ten students unless otherwise noted in the program. Please review the Park Rules and Guidelines for group leaders, chaperones, and students.
LUNCH AND RESTROOMS
- There are no indoor lunch facilities available. Groups are encouraged to eat lunch in Victorian Park, on the bleachers, or on the beach.
- There are no storage facilities at the Park.
- Restrooms are available on Hyde Street Pier, in the Visitor Center, and in the Maritime Museum.
APPROPRIATE DRESS AND FOOTWEAR
- Weather at Hyde Street Pier varies and is often cold. Dress in layers and include a warm jacket or rain gear, if appropriate.
- Tours are conducted rain or shine.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for ship tours.
- There are no changing facilities at the Park. Foot showers are located on the east beach and pocket beach by the pier.
WHAT TO BRING
Pencils and clipboards for student activities.
Copy of Park Rules and Guidelines for each chaperone.
Copies of handouts for curriculum-based lessons or activities you planned for your group.
Signed Media Release Forms for students, if requested by Park staff.
A limited number of ADA accessible parking spaces are located at the entrance to Hyde Street Pier. Request the ADA parking placard from your Park program coordinator before your visit.
Bus drop off is on Hyde Street between Jefferson and Beach. Click here for bus parking options.
Accessibility accommodations such as American Sign Language interpretation or assisted listening can be requested at least two weeks in advance by contacting the Accessibility Coordinator at (415) 859-6797 or e-mail us.
Fee-based overnight and extended daytime field trips are available through the Park’s non-profit partner San Francisco Maritime National Park Association at www.maritime.org or by calling (415) 292-6664.