Rocky Mountain National Park is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, weather permitting.
- Summer and fall are the busiest seasons in the park. Parking lots can be full and roads congested. Arriving early or coming into the park in the late afternoon can help.
- During the summer and fall free park shuttle buses operate to help you get around the Bear Lake Road.
- If you are planning to camp overnight in the park, you must be in one of the designated campgrounds or a backcountry campsite. Camping reservations are strongly recommended during the summer and fall.
- Be sure to check the status of park roads, as some roads close seasonally.
- Keep in mind that during the fall, winter, and spring, conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Check the weather forecast when planning your visit.
- Park visitor center hours also vary with the season.