Extend classroom learning into the outdoors in your national park!
Touch live animals. Look at the stars in our planetarium. Hike to the creek at the heart of our park. Visit a historic flour mill, an 18th century home, or a civil war fort. These experiences, and many others, have been incorporated into curriculum-based programs to help bring your in-class lessons to life.
Need to make a reservation?
Programs must be scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance. Call us at 202-895-6070 Wednesday-Sunday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Our curriculum-based programming includes environmental education, history, culture, and technology and planetarium offerings. These programs are free but must be booked at least two weeks in advance. Please keep in mind the Rock Creek Park Nature Center is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
• Parking for cars, vans and busses is available at the Nature Center.
• Limited parking is available at Peirce Mill
• At Old Stone House in Georgetown there is metered street parking and paid lots, but no free parking during school hours. Also, spots may be difficult to find nearby.
• There are no food facilities in the park, if you plan to visit Peirce Mill or the Nature Center it is best to bring your lunch. Also, there are limited uncovered picnic areas nearby.
• You may also want to bring your lunch to the Old Stone House in Georgetown and picnic in our garden. There are restaurants in Georgetown, but very few low-cost options.
Stormy weather. Are we open?
During inclement weather, particularly snow storms and hurricanes, federal offices in the district may be closed. To check if we are open check the OPM website. Click on "operating status" along the top bar. Also check local television and radio broadcasts for announcements.
Need to contact us?
Need to change or cancel your reservation?
Call us at 202-895-6070 Wednesday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.