Rock Creek Park Nature Center and Planetarium
5200 Glover Road, NW, Washington, D.C.
Near the intersection of Military Road and Glover Road
Peirce Mill and Barn
2401 Tilden Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
Near the intersection of Tilden Street and Beach Drive
Old Stone House
3051 M Street NW, Washington, D.C.
Located along M Street in the heart of Georgetown
Carter Barron Amphitheatre
4850 Colorado Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.
Near the intersection 16th Street and Colorado Avenue.
Meridian Hill Park
15th Street, NW, and W Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
Directions to the Nature Center and Planetarium:
Via Route 66:
- Take Route 66 across the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge. |
- Get in the right lane on the bridge, and take the ramp for Independence Avenue. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp (heading towards the Kennedy Center along the river; this is Ohio Drive, but it's not marked as such).
- After passing the Kennedy Center (under its terrace) and Watergate, continue straight onto Rock Creek Parkway.
- When the parkway ends (near Connecticut and Calvert), continue north on Beach Drive.
- After the zoo, you will eventually come to the intersection of Tilden Street. Take a left turn onto Tilden Street to Connecticut Avenue.
- Turn right onto Military Road.
- Turn right onto Glover Road at the stoplight for Oregon Avenue/Glover Road.
- Bear to the left and take your first left into the "ROCK CREEK PARK-NATURE CENTER."
Via Chain Bridge (VA):
- At the end of the bridge, turn right onto Canal Road.
- Make the first left (at the light) onto Arizona Avenue.
- Proceed on Arizona until you come to a "T" intersection; make a right turn onto Nebraska Ave. (The signs there may say "Loughboro Rd.," but it runs into Nebraska.)
- Proceed on Nebraska Ave past American University, around Ward Circle, and across Wisconsin and Connecticut avenues. Get into the right lane and turn right onto Military Road; less than half mile after you cross Connecticut.
- After a little less than a mile, you will see a big brown sign that says "ROCK CREEK PARK-NATURE CENTER..."etc. Take the next right (at the traffic light), as the sign instructs, and follow subsequent signs to the Nature Center.
From Dupont Circle:
- Proceed northeast on New Hampshire Avenue for approximately 1/2 mile.
- Head north on 16th Street towards Maryland. Take the right hand exit onto Military Road west (cloverleaf ramp).
- Cross Military Bridge. Get in the left-hand lane. Make a left at the first light for Glover and Oregon roads. You are now on Glover Road. Follow the signs to the Nature Center.
To the Nature Center--
- The Friendship Heights or Fort Totten Metro Stations are the closest to the Nature Center.
- Take the E-4 bus from either Metro Stop.
- If taking the bus from the Friendship Heights Metro Station, you will get off of the bus at the Military + Glover stop.
- If taking the bus from the Fort Totten Metro Station, you will get off of the bus at the Military + Oregon stop.
- Once off of either bus, look to your left and follow the trail up the small hill to the Nature Center.
- The Van Ness Station is the closest metro stop to Peirce Mill, but it is still about a mile away.
- From Van Ness, walk south on Connecticut Avenue to Tilden Street and make a left.
- Follow Tilden to the bottom of the hill and the mill is on your left.
- Foggy Bottom is the closest metro stop to the Old Stone House.
- Walk north to Washington Circle and take Pennsylvania Avenue west to M Street.
- Continue west for approximately 1/2 mile to the Old Stone House.