There are many individuals who shaped the past and present Prince William Forest Park.
From 1942 to 1945, the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) occupied Prince William Forest Park.
Chopawamsic Recreational Demonstration Arera (RDA) was founded in 1936 as a place for inner-city kids to play in the country air.
The Civilian Conservation Corps built Prince William Forest Park from scratch from 1936 to 1942.
Generations of families lived and farmed on land that today make up the park. Remnants of their lives are scattered beneath the forest floor
Learn more about the African American Experiences of workers at the Cabin Branch Pyrite Mine, farmers, and summer camp kids.
The great Revolutionary War Generals George Washington and the French Comte de Rochambeau marched together toward Yorktown toward victory.
Chopawamsic means 'by the small isolated lodge' in the language of the Algonquian people who once inhabited this land.
Last updated: October 16, 2017
18100 Park Headquarters Road