|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Jennifer Chapman, 415-464-5133
Based on data from a local weather station, National Park Service fire officials have declared that the fire danger rating will be Extreme today for Point Reyes National Seashore and Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) sites in Marin County. National Park Service sites in San Francisco and San Mateo County are not affected.
Public restrictions in effect today, Monday, November 4, within Point Reyes National Seashore boundaries are:
- All wood or charcoal fires will be banned including grills, although self-contained gas stoves will be permitted at designated campgrounds and picnic areas;
- All previously issued fire permits will become null and void;
- Mt. Vision Road will be closed to all vehicle traffic; and
- Smoking will be prohibited on all park trails and backcountry areas.
- All fires, including campfires at Kirby Cove, beach fires at Muir beach, cooking fires and charcoal grills, are prohibited except for self-contained, portable gas stoves, which are allowed only in designated campground and picnic areas; and
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of Muir Woods National Monument.