Following guidance from the County of Marin Public Health Department, all volunteer programs have been suspended until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
About 2.5 million visitors annually enjoy Point Reyes National Seashore's wildlands and opportunities for recreation and solitude. You can enrich your experience by getting involved, by volunteering.
As a volunteer, you can experience the park in ways that casual visitors cannot by working in areas less traveled and working with park staff that can provide you with an inside look into park operations. You have opportunities for fun, interesting, and satisfying work while gaining new skills and meeting new people in a beautiful setting. By giving your time to volunteer, you will find that Point Reyes National Seashore has much to give back to you.
At Point Reyes, volunteers:
- Restore critical habitat by collecting and planting native grass seed, protecting riparian habitat, and locating, identifying and removing exotic, invasive plants
- Monitor wildlife, such as coho salmon and steelhead trout, harbor seals, snowy plovers
- Maintain and repair trails
- Care for the park's Morgan horses
- Maintain the Coast Miwok cultural exhibit at Kule Loklo
- Maintain and catalogue artifacts for the park's museum and archive
- Assist park administration performing basic office tasks
- Patrol the park on foot, bike, horse, and kayak
- Participate in beach cleanups, such as the California Coastal Cleanup
- Educate park visitors about tule elk, snowy plovers, elephant seals, and gray whales
- Staff the park's visitor centers and assist visitors with questions
By volunteering, you will take pride in being a steward of one of America's most treasured national park sites.
Get involved! Become a volunteer at Point Reyes National Seashore.
View volunteer opportunities:
Opportunities for Individuals
Opportunities for Groups
Opportunities for Children, Families, and Teens
Opportunities by Work Type
Sign up for our Volunteers-in-Parks (VIP) email list
Frequently Asked Questions about the Volunteer Program
Please contact for more information:
Acting Volunteer Program Manager
Top of Page