Group camping is limited to 8. Because of the fragile soils and landscape features, minimum impact camping is very important. This includes limiting the number of people within an area.
See LNT.org to learn about the principles of Leave No Trace camping.
Rules, Regulations, and Safety Points:
- Collection of plants, rocks, petrified wood, fossils, archeological objects or other materials is illegal anywhere in the park.
- No bicycles or motorized vehicles are allowed in the Wilderness.
- No wood or charcoal fires are allowed. Please use fuel stoves.
- Bury human waste.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Leave no trash behind.
- Be aware that elevations average 5,800 feet.
- Temperatures vary greatly from extreme heat to bitter cold.
- Take all water necessary. One gallon per person per day is recommended during summer months.