- Emergency Phone: 911
- Be careful while walking around the Great Falls.
- Be aware of dangerous weather conditions. In the wintertime, watch out for icy surfaces, and stay on designated walking paths.
- Check for Ticks. Wear long pants and use insect repellant.
- Watch out for Poison Ivy in certain sections of the trail. Know how to identify it.
- The park is located in a busy urban area. Drive safely and wear your seatbelts at all times.
- Please be aware of traffic as you cross busy streets. Cross streets using crosswalks, and pay attention as you cross.
When going on a tour, please be prepared:
- Dress for the weather. Our tours are outdoors and given in rain or shine. In cases of extreme inclement weather (extreme cold, thunder and lightning, etc), an indoor talk may take the place of the outdoor walking tour.
- Bring water and snacks. The tour lasts about one hour, and covers a distance of about one mile.
- Watch for uneven footing on sidewalks and the unpaved trail through Upper Raceway Park (pictured here). Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Parts of the tour route may travel through forested areas. If you are allergic to insects, please bring your epinephrine auto injector.