Visiting the Park
Visitors Please Note: In cases of inclement weather such as cold, dangerous thunderstorms or extreme heat, a talk in the Welcome Center will replace the walking tour.
Welcome Center Hours:
- During the spring/summer season, the Welcome Center is open Monday-Sunday from 10:00AM - 4:30PM as staffing permits. Starting on July 8, the Welcome Center will be open from 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Weekday tours are currenty provided at 2:00PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and as staffing permits. Please call the day of your visit to ensure availability. Starting on July 9, tours will be scheduled for 11AM and 2PM seven days per week. As the summer progresses, our program offerings will expand.
- Weekend tours are provided at 11:00AM and 2:00PM on Saturdays and Sundays. Please call the day of your visit to ensure availability.
- Please check the alerts or contact the park before you visit to receive the latest updates regarding changes to programming schedule and winter weather closures. Call 973-523-0370 Monday-Friday, or call the Welcome Center at 973-523-2210.
Interested in a tour of the Great Falls with your students? Visit our Education Page to learn more about our programs and set up a reservation.
Guided Tour: A Stroll Through History
Join a tour and doscover the greater story behind Paterson and its Great Falls. Our story is one of national importance. It demonstrates that the natural and cultural diversity of the area helped fuel the economic and social growth of a young nation. Discover how the natural world inspired a founding father, entrepeneurs, immigrants, poets, and artists to build the nation's first planned industrial city and changed the world.
- Meet at the Welcome Center at 65 McBride Avenue Extension.
- Appropriate for adults and families.
- Please wear comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing. Wear sturdy shoes/sneakers.
- In most cases, tours will be conducted rain or shine, however, in cases of severe weather, such as snow storms, nor'easters, dangerous electrical storms, extreme heat etc., tours will be canceled or changed to a talk in the Welcome Center. Walking tours will last 45-minutes to 1-hour over a distance of one mile.
- Guided tours led by the National Park Service, or its partners, can follow paved, wheelchair-accessible routes (assistance may be required, especially along narrow city sidewalks). If you have any concerns, please call the office at 973-523-0370 or the Welcome Center at 973-523-2210 .
- The tour route travels through parts of the Great Falls Historic District, which is administered by the City of Paterson and includes the Paterson Museum. For operating hours and guided tour reservations, please call 973-321-1260 daily. The museum is closed on Federal and City holidays.
Visit the Paterson Museum
The Paterson Museum, located at 2 Market Street, has the following regular hours of operation. Parking is available on-site for Museum patrons, or you can park your vehicle at the park and walk. The Museum is about 2 minutes away.