|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Penny Wagner, 360-565-3005
PORT ANGELES, WA – The administrative closure of the Seven Lakes Basin/High Divide area July 9 through July 20 is no longer in effect. Seven Lakes Basin is a quota area and permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis for backpacking trips during this timeframe. Permits will be available in person beginning the day before the trip. Advance reservation requests will not be accepted for these dates.
There are currently four locations to obtain a permit:
- Mora Wilderness Information Center
- 3283 Mora Rd, Forks, WA 98331
- Friday through Sunday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Hoodsport Wilderness Information Center
- Inside the Hoodsport Visitor Information Center, 150 N Cushman Rd., Hoodsport, WA 98548
- Friday through Sunday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Quinault (South Shore) Wilderness Information Center
- USFS Pacific Ranger District - Quinault office, 353 South Shore Road Quinault, WA 98575
- Open daily 8:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
- Port Angeles Wilderness Information Center
- 3002 Mount Angeles Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Sunday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ; Friday - Saturday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) and Special Use Permit (SUP) holders may obtain a permit for this timeframe in person at the Port Angeles Wilderness Information Center beginning the day before the trip.
Wilderness Permit fees are $8.00 per person, per night for individuals 16 or older. Annual
Wilderness Passes are $45.00 per person (annual flat rate).
For questions regarding the permit process, please call (360)565-3100 or email olym_WIC@nps.gov.
For more information about wilderness permits and backpacking in Olympic National Park, please visit the park website at www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit/wilderness-trip-planner.htm.
Last updated: July 2, 2018