Obed Wild and Scenic River is free for visitors.
However, those wishing to camp at the Rock Creek Campground are required to pay a $10 overnight camping fee. The campsite has 11 spaces available. Each site has a picnic table, food storage locker, fire ring with grill, lantern hook and paved parking. A brand new vault toilet is also centrally located in the campground. There are no payphones and no electric hookups available at the campground.
The National Park Service has designated the following fee-free days for 2016:
- · Martin Luther King Jr Day - January 18
- National Park Week - April 16 - 24
- National Park Service Birthday Weekend – August 25 - 28
- National Public Lands Day - September 24
- Veteran's Day - November 11
Obed Wild and Scenic River will waive the $10 camping fee during the fee-free periods. More information about fee free days in the National Parks can be found at http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.