- Always wear your seat belt.
- Obey posted speed limits.
- Check road conditions before you leave on a trip.
- Know that the Parkway's lanes are narrower than normal roadways and that the road has little to no shoulder for most of the route.
- Don't drive distracted. Pull over in a safe spot to use your cell phone or send a text message.
- Watch for bicyclists as they have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists. Share the road and give at least 3 feet of space when passing.
- Watch for wildlife on the road, especially in the morning and evening.
- Beware of the distractions - the wildlife, wildflowers, and extraordinary views all contribute to the Parkway experience. Pull over at designated stops to enjoy the scenery.
- If driving a recreational vehicle (RV) be alert to areas closed to RVs. Visit our recreational vehicle page for more information.