|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Donna Rahier, 360-569-6501
Paradise Inn Opens - On Friday, May 20, the historic Paradise Inn opens its doors once again to greet visitors for the 2011 season. Constructed in 1916, the Inn showcases a beautiful lobby and dining room featuring hand painted hanging lamps depicting park wildflowers, three huge stone fireplaces to welcome guests, 118 guest rooms, a café, and gift shop with authentic Native American arts and crafts. A full service dining room offers Northwest cuisine. The Inn is listed as a National Historic Landmark.
In addition to the Paradise Inn, the National Park Inn at Longmire is also open for visitors. The National Park Inn offers 25 guests rooms, a cozy fireside room for guests to enjoy, full service restaurant, general store and gift shop.
Both inns are operated by Guest Services, Incorporated. Reservations can be made on line at www.mtrainierguestservices.com or by telephone at 360-569-2275.
Gateway communities surrounding the park are open daily also providing lodging, meals, gifts, equipment rentals, horseback riding, fishing, special events and a variety of other needs to park visitors. Information on these businesses is available on the internet at www.visitrainier.com, www.mt-rainier.com, www.staycrystal.com, www.destinationpackwood.com or www.minerallake.com.
CURRENT STATUS AND PROJECTED OPENING DATES OF OTHER PARK FACILITIES (by area):
Note: Some dates may change due to snow conditions and accessibility
- Stevens Canyon Road - Open Friday, May 27 @ 8:00 a.m.
- SR 410 to SR 123 over Cayuse Pass - Open Thursday, May 26
- Sunrise Road - Open Friday, June 24 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Mowich Lake Road - Open Friday, July 1 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Skate Creek Road (USFS Road 52) - Opened Thursday, May 19
- Longmire Museum - Open daily - 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Longmire Wilderness Information Center - Open daily - 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- National Park Inn - Open daily year round
- Cougar Rock Campground - Opening delayed until June 3 8:00 a.m. due to snow
- Cougar Rock Picnic Area - Same as Cougar Rock Campground
- Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center - Open daily -10:00 a.m.- 6 p.m. (starting May 20)
- Paradise Inn - Open daily beginning May 20
- Box Canyon Picnic Area & Restrooms - Open May 27
- Ohanapecosh Campground - Open May 27 – 8:00 a.m
- Ohanapecosh Visitor Center - Open May 27–30 - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., then weekends only until June 11. June 11-September 4 - open 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Grove of the Patriarchs - Open 5/27
- White River Road to WR Campground - May 27 (Projected-subject to snow conditions)
- White River Campground - Open June 24 - 8:00 a.m.
- Sunrise Lodge (snack bar & gift shop) - Open June 24
- Sunrise Visitor Center - July 1 (10 am - 6 pm)
- Ranger Station open year round - Call for hours - 360-829-9639
For additional information visit the park's website at www.nps.gov/mora or call 360-569-2211