Missouri National Recreational River work in partnership with Nebraska State Parks and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers visitor centers, and the City of Yankton to provide visitor information and educational programs.
Fort Randall Dam Visitor Center
Operated by the U.S. Corps of Engineers and open May through August. The center is located on the western edge of Pickstown, SD along U.S. Highway 281 and 18, and offers views of Lake Francis Case, Fort Randall Dam, and the Missouri River. For information call 605-487-7845.
Niobrara State Park
This Nebraska state park has a small visitor center with information about the park and surrounding area. The state park is on State Route 12 about two miles west of the town of Niobrara, and is near the eastern end of the 39-mile reach of the national park at the confluence of the Niobrara River. For information call 402-857-3373.
- In partnership with the state park, the National Park Service has outdoor interpretive exhibits throughout the park on the ecology of the Niobrara and Missouri Rivers and on the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Lewis and Clark Visitor Center
Operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, this center is located on Nebraska Highway 121 slightly more than four miles west of US 81. (Directions) Inside the center are education exhibits about the Missouri River basin and a large 3D map display of the area. For information call 402-667-2546.
- The building overlooks Gavins Point Dam, Lewis and Clark Lake and a portion of the 59-mile reach of the National Park.
- Check out the National Park Service's educational panels outside the visitor center where it faces Calumet Bluff.
- Senior and Annual Passes can be acquired at this location.
Corps of Discovery Welcome Center
The welcome center sits near where the Lewis and Clark Trail and the Pan American Highway (US 81) intersect. The scenic overlook and its center features exhibits, regional information, and a gift shop. For information call 402-667-6557.
Ponca State Park
Located in Nebraska's Ponca State Park, about three miles north of the town of Ponca, the Missouri National Recreational River Resource and Education Center houses exhibits entirely of the Missouri National Recreational River. Owned and operated by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, the Resource and Education Center is an excellent place to begin your visit to Missouri National Recreational River. For information call 402-755-2284.
- Look for National Park Service interpretive exhibits along trails and overlooks within the state park.