Saturdays and Sundays January 6 through April 1, 2018
Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center | 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Attention: Some walks can be cancelled at the last minute due to extreme weather conditions.
- Location is at the park's southwest entrance off of Hwy 36.
- There are no ranger-led walks at the park's northwest entrance.
- Snowshoes are provided, a $1 donation is requested to cover maintenance costs.
- Organized groups or groups larger than 10 planning on attending a regularly scheduled walk must schedule a ranger-led snowshoe walk outside of regularly scheduled walks.
- Space is limited; obtain a free ticket at the front desk the day of.
- Walks are open to those eight years of age and older; children in carriers are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear is recommended such as; water-resistant hiking boots or snow boots, layered clothing and water or wind resistant outerlayer, hats, gloves and sunglasses.
- Snowshoes are only provided for the ranger-led activity; the park does not rent snowshoes or other winter equipment.
Winter Ecology Snowshoe Program
Lassen's Education Program offers ranger-led snowshoe walks and winter ecology programs for school groups grades 3 through 8. Programs are by reservation only. Please visit our Field Trips page for more information.