Social Media Comment Policy
We appreciate your participation on our social media sites. We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to delete any of the following:
- Off-topic comments
- Violent, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
- The violation of the privacy of another individual
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Comments promoting or opposing any person who is campaigning for election to a political office or promotion or opposing any ballot proposition
- Comments including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, or similar information
- Multiple, successive off-topic posts by a single user
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
Communication made through this service‟s e-mail and/or messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the U.S. Department of the Interior (or bureau) or any official or employee of the U.S. Department of the Interior (or bureau) for any purpose.
References to commercial entities, products, services, or nongovernmental organizations or individuals are provided solely for information. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of U.S. Department of the Interior (or bureau), the United States Government, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority, or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service, or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying U.S. Department of the Interior (or bureau) endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
Reporters or other media representatives are asked to send questions through their normal channels (the appropriate DOI/bureau office public affairs or communications office) and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions may be removed.
This Comment Policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure that its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.