Lassen Volcano Club offers visitors of all ages an opportunity to learn more about the volcanoes that have and continue to define Lassen Volcanic National Park and the world as a whole. You may obtain a card from the Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center or Loomis Musem (summer only) during your visit to the park or you may complete the activities online and mail in your results. Individuals that complete the card are then allowed to purchase a special Volcano Club patch from the Lassen Association.
- View or pick-up the Volcano Club Card.
- Complete at least seven activities and submit your findings to a ranger. You may also mail your findings to the address below or email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Attn: Volcano Club".
Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center
PO Box 100
Mineral, CA 96063
3. To receive a Volcano Club patch, please include a check for $2.42 made out to: Lassen Association and address where you would like it to mailed it to.
For More Information:
To complete your seven activities, some places you might want to look for information are:
- Your Public Library
- Your School
- The Lassen Volcanic National Park Website
- The Cascades Volcano Observatory Website
- The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) Home Page
- USGS Cinder Cone Fact Sheet
- USGS Lassen Peak Fact Sheet
- USGS Volcano Hazards Fact Sheet
- The National Park Service Website
- The National Forest Service's Mount St. Helens Website
- Write to a National Park Ranger to request a park newspaper or a student packet.