Sustainability

A man and a woman standing holding small propane cylinders in front of a colorful booth/display
Visitors can receive a free refillable 1 lb. propane cylinder in exchange for two empty, disposable cylinders at special exchange events in the park.
 

Reusable Camping Propane Cylinders

Purchase a Refillable Cylinder

Disposable propane cylinders are expensive! Only 20% of the purchase price is for the gas inside. The other 80% percent is for packaging. Refillable can be reused hundreds of times for up to 12 years and they cost less than $15. At that price, a cylinder pays for itself after four refills. Using refillables also cuts down on the millions of pounds of steel packaging waste generated by single-use disposables.

Where to Purchase

You can buy or refill cylinders in and around the park at the following locations. California Product Stewardship Council is working hard to add new vendors to the growing network for refillable cylinders. Can't find a location near you? Ask your local store to offer refillables.

Buy & Exchange

Jill's Freshtop
11629 Hwy 99, Red Bluff, CA

Buy & Refill

NAPA Auto Parts
2026 Solano Street, Corning, CA

U-Haul Moving & Storage
2950 Main Street, Red Bluff

Buy

West Marine
2607 Bechelli Lane, Redding, CA

Visit www.refuelyourfun.org for more location and information.

Thank You Partners!

The 2017-2019 camping propane canister disposal and exchange program were offered in partnership with Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency, CalRecycle, and the ReFuel Your Fun Campaign.

 
A graphic depicting the various costs of 1 lb. disposable propane gas cylinders

Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency

Last updated: September 15, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 100
Mineral, CA 96063

Phone:

(530) 595-4480

Contact Us