Special Park Uses

Visitors seeking special access to park areas, exclusive use of park buildings, facilities, or grounds or permission to engage in an activity for which permission is not generally granted to the public may request a special park permit from the Superintendent. Special park uses include commercial filming, special events, public assembly, and rights-of-way. Permits may be issued for special activities that are deemed necessary and appropriate for visitor enjoyment of the park resources and consistent with the park goals and the agency's mission mandates.

Special park permits may incur application, location, and administrative fees. First Amendment activities involving groups of 25 persons or more require a special park permit. First Amendment demonstrations, gatherings, and the distribution of printed matter are restricted to park locations identified in the park superintendent's compendium.

Special Park Permit Application

Long Form (accessible PDF, 74 KB) to be used if event spans multiple days, requires extensive equipment set-up and take down, or more than 100 persons.

Short Form (accessible PDF, 64 KB) to be used for smaller events (less than 100 persons), contained entirely within a single day, and minimal equipment set-up and take down is required.

Last updated: January 18, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
P.O. Box 517

Skagway, AK 99840


907 983-9200

Contact Us