Special Use Permits

Many activities in the Park require a permit such as:

  • Weddings

  • Public Assemblies and Meetings
  • Other Special Events (festivals, sporting events, etc.)

A complete list of these activities can be found in the Superintendent's compendium. The process for Commercial filming and photography requires a different form.
Note: All areas of the park are open to scattering of ashes without a permit.

To Apply:
Please complete an:
Application for Special Use Permit (NPS Form 10-930) - PDF

Submit it to the Office of Special Park Uses at least two weeks in advance of the activity, more if the activity entails significant impacts to park operations. Please remember to enclose a cashier's check, or money order for $100.00 or contact us for credit card payment, to cover non-refundable application costs. Send the completed application along with the application fee in the form of a credit card, cashier's check, money order or personal check made payable to National Park Service to:

Office of Special Park Uses
Kenai Fjords National Park
P.O. Box 1727
Seward, AK 99664

For more information: contact the Chief Ranger by email or (907) 422-0500.


Research Permits

A Scientific Research and Collecting Permit is required to conduct research or collect specimens on all National Park Service lands. Researchers are encouraged to contact the research coordinator early in the planning process to discuss proposed work and streamline the permitting process.
For more information and to download an application, see: Research Permits

Last updated: January 29, 2018

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1727
Seward, AK 99664


907 422-0500

Contact Us