Doing Business With The Park

This page is primarily for people interested in, or currently conducting business in the park. If you are interested in visiting the park, please see the section on the website for planning a visit.

Commercial Use Authorizations

Kenai Fjords National Park allows commercial activities on park lands by issuing Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA) for outfitters and guides. A CUA is a business permit with the National Park Service that authorizes an individual, group, company, or entity to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services within a national park area. Commercial operators interested in obtaining a CUA should learn about the application process and requirements. The application period for a CUA is November 1 through April 30 each year.

Commercial Filming and Photography
Filming, photography, and sound recording may require a Special Use Permit (NPS Form 10-930) and the payment of location fees. For more information, see Commercial Filming and Photography.

Special Use Permits
If planning a special event within Kenai Fjords National Park, a Special Use Permit (NPS Form 10-930) is often required. This includes such events as:

  • Weddings
  • Public Assemblies and Meetings
  • Other Special Events (festivals, sporting events, etc.)
For more information, see: Permits and Reservations.
Research Permits
A Scientific Research and Collecting Permit is required to conduct research or collect specimens on all National Park Service lands. Researchers are encouraged to contact the research coordinator early in the planning process to discuss proposed work and streamline the permitting process.
For more information, see: Research Permits.

Last updated: January 31, 2018

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1727
Seward, AK 99664


907 422-0500

Contact Us