Be advised that this is a new national monument. Amenities are limited and signage is sparse. Cell phone reception can be spotty or non-existent.
Be sure to check and prepare for weather conditions before your trip.
The Loop Road and North Entrance (Matagamon) road are open for the season.
- High clearance vehicles are recommended for the Loop Road. The road is passable to vehicles with normal and high clearance. Low clearance vehicles are not recommended. Drivers should go slow and exercise caution.
- Please be aware that roads are narrow and the access roads to and in the national monument are active logging roads.
- Logging trucks have the right of way so please be aware and do not impede their progress.
- Road bridges are narrow - please do not stop or walk out on them.
- Low temperatures can result in icy conditions. Please use caution and drive slowly.