|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Tom Betts, (907)246-2127
Katmai National Park and Preserve will host a public meeting and information session on Thursday, February 11, 2016 from 5-7 p.m. at the Naknek Native Village Council Building (Dolly’s Hall) in Naknek. We will be discussing compendium changes for 2016 and be available for other questions.
Only a handful of changes are proposed for this year’s compendium. These include:
- A restriction on smoking within 25 feet of doorways and an inclusion of e-cigarettes in smoking regulations.
- A seasonal camping closure along Moraine and Funnel creeks in Katmai National Preserve.
- An administrative change in the redfish regulation.
- A possible change in the annual determination of the location of the Geographic Harbor bear viewing protocol.
- Continuation of the bicycle closure in the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes.
More information about the proposed compendium can be found on the National Park Service Alaska Region's proposed compendium website. Anyone unable to attend the meeting can submit written comments online through February 15.
If you have further questions, please contact Tom Betts, Katmai’s Chief Ranger, at (907)246-2127 or e-mail us.