Watch an alligator catch a fish, meet a soldier from 1815, cruise the bayou in a traditional Louisiana boat, fill your ears with New Orleans music, or learn to dance Cajun-style. The six sites of Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve have something for everyone, including kids. The park's home page will take you to information about each site, and all sites have activities JUST for kids!
Special programs include
- Junior Ranger programs at every Jean Lafitte site.
- Jean Lafitte's free Civil War trading cards (click here to learn more).
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout programs at the Acadian Cultural Centerin Lafayette, at the Prairie Acadian Cultural Center in Eunice, and at the Barataria Preserve in Marrero.
- Summer camps at most Jean Lafitte sites. Sorry, all 2017 camps are full---see you next year!
- Every Kid in a Park provides free passes to federal recreation areas, including National Park Service sites, for fourth-graders and their families. Educators like teachers, scout leaders, and other youth leaders can also get free passes for fourth-graders. Follow the link to find out how!
If you can't visit the park in person....