Field trips and group reservations are welcome at all six sites of the park. Ranger programs cover a variety of topics and many fulfill Louisiana state curriculum requirements or scout badge requirements (check out which sites have special scout programs on the For Teachers page by clicking here). Admission to all sites and most programs is free.
Choose a site below or check out the big picture with a map of all the sites.
- Barataria Preserve, Marrero (nature and science in a Louisiana wetlands). Follow the Barataria Preserve link to find out what's offered and when; contact information for the preserve's field trip rangers is also at the link.
- Chalmette Battlefield and National Cemetery, Chalmette, 504-281-0510 (site of the Battle of New Orleans)
- French Quarter Visitor Center, New Orleans, 504-589-2636 (history and culture)
- Acadian Cultural Center, Lafayette, 337-232-0789 (history and culture)
- Prairie Acadian Cultural Center, Eunice, 337-457-8499 (history and culture)
- Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center, Thibodaux, 985-448-1375 (nature and science in a Louisiana wetlands; history and culture)