|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Chris Amidon, (906) 482-0984
Houghton, MI – In June and July, join an Isle Royale or Keweenaw park ranger for programs celebrating our local national parks. Programs are geared for families and youth ages 5 to 12. Programs are held on Tuesdays at 1 pm and average 45 minutes.
June Programs at the Portage Lake District Library
- June 20, Tuesday, 1 pm: A Copper Country Souvenir with Ranger Lynette Webber. People have been visiting the Copper Country for many years and for many reasons. Share the Keweenaw Experience with visitors from the past 160 years and bring home a souvenir of your own - the Copper Country Scavenger Hunt!
- June 27, Tuesday, 1 pm: Lodge Construction Ahead with Ranger Lori Honrath. Become an Isle Royale beaver and build your own lodge.
July Programs at the Portage Lake District Library
- July 4, Tuesday : Library is closed. No program.
- July 11, Tuesday, 1 pm: Bats of the Great Lakes with Ranger Nick Clark. These fascinating creatures help humans, yet they are struggling for survival against a deadly disease.
- July 18, Tuesday, 1 pm: Loon Rangers with Ranger Lori Honrath. Experience life as a loon and help protect these Isle Royale icons.
- July 25, Tuesday, 1 pm: Moosey Appetite with Ranger Aerran Riley. Moose eat a lot. How much is a lot? Forty pounds a day, which could be more than you weigh! Discover if you could eat that much and survive as a moose.