Opportunities at Harpers Ferry National Historical Park are as diverse as the natural and cultural resources of the park. History buffs, amateur naturalists, re-enactors, artists, students, gardeners and many more people have found a place to share their skills at Harpers Ferry. Groups and individuals are welcome! Learn new skills and apply what you already know. Play a vital role in almost all aspects of park operations by:
- Providing information to visitors from all over the world.
- Working in one of the best bookshops in the national park system.
- Designing and conducting programs for school children.
- Removing non-native plants.
- Restoring battlefield landscapes.
- Assisting with park clean-up days.
- Leading hikes and presenting interpretive programs.
- Monitoring trail conditions.
- Monitoring deer plots.
- Cataloguing artifacts, photos and documents.
- Participating in archeology excavations.
- Leading community service groups on park-wide projects.
- Assisting with media and marketing strategies.
- Building and maintaining hiking trails.
- Creating living history experiences.