Permits & Reservations

Reservations can be made for group camping and use of the horse corral campsites. Wilderness use permits are required for all overnight backpacking in the park and permits are required for riding horses. Special Use Permits are required for short-term activities that take place in the park area which provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large.

A film crew and journalist interviews a park ranger

Special Park Use Permits

A special use permit is required for activities that benefit an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large.

Picnic tables at a group campsite with snow covering them

Group Camping Reservations

Group campsites at Pine Springs and Dog Canyon are reservable for groups of 10 - 20 individuals.

A man sets up a blue tent at a wilderness campsite

Wilderness Use Permits

A Wilderness Use Permit must be obtained before backpacking overnight.

A man rides a horse in a desert landscape

Horseback Riding Permits

A backcountry use permit is required for all stock use. These free permits are issued at Pine Springs Visitor Center or Dog Canyon.

A metal fenced horse corral with a trailer

Horse Corral Reservations

Camping is authorized for overnight horse users with a permit. The visitor horse corrals can be reserved up to 60 days in advance.

Last updated: March 9, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

400 Pine Canyon
Salt Flat, TX 79847



Contact Us