You can help minimize campfire impacts.
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Collect driftwood before you get to camp. (Nov. 1 – Feb. 28)
- Look for it on sandy beaches or on the rocks just above the waterline.
- If driftwood is longer than your arms, use a hand saw on it to make it fit in the fire pan.
- Avoid driftwood that is thicker than your wrist. It’s just too big.
Dispose of Waste Properly
- An elevated fire pan and fire blanket make cleanup fast and easy.
- Take your ash out with your garbage.
- Leave dead and down wood for wildlife.
Be Considerate of Others
- Make having a campfire a special occasion.
- Use just enough wood.
- Keep your fire small or don’t have one at all.
Thanks for doing your part to protect Grand Canyon National Park.