|Subscribe | What is RSS
Contact: Nichole Andler, 775-234-7521
BAKER, NV – Great Basin National Park is announcing additional modifications to operations in response to guidance from the White Pine County Office of Public Health. The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers, and partners is our number one priority. The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, Great Basin National Park will be closed to all park visitors until further notice. We will notify the public when we resume operations and provide updates on our website www.nps.gov/grba and social media channels.
The NPS encourages people to take advantage of the many digital tools already available to explore Great Basin National Park including:
- Viewing our Ranger Minutes to learn about some of the special features of Great Basin National Park: https://www.nps.gov/grba/learn/photosmultimedia/rangerminutes.htm
- Working on a Junior Ranger Book: https://www.nps.gov/grba/learn/upload/GRBAJunior-reduced-file.pdf
- Following GreatBasinNPS on Facebook and Twitter
- Downloading Next Generation and Utah State standard science lessons from our Partners the Great Basin National Park Foundation on the Great Basin Observatory site: http://www.greatbasinobservatory.org/educators
- Or joining the Great Basin National Park Foundation’s Education Team live for minilessons and chats: https://www.facebook.com/GBObservatory/
About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America's 419 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov, and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Last updated: April 15, 2020