The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (FLREA), authorizes Recreation Fees to be charged within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Eighty percent of the money is retained in the park and makes possible important visitor service and resource protection projects. Without you, the visitor, these improvements would not be possible.
Prices vary with tour package. For more information call (415) 981-ROCK [415.981.7625] or go to . Please note, the America the Beautiful Pass does not cover boat fare to Alcatraz.
- Campground - $25/Night; Picnic Area - $35/Day
- Kirby Cove campground is open April 1 through November 30; reservations can be made up to 3 months in advance.
- To make a reservation for Kirby Cove go to: www.recreation.gov or call 877-444-6777
- Contact the Marin Headlands Visitor Center (415) 331-1540 if you have questions.
Muir Woods National Monument
- $10.00 Adult (16 years of age and older)
- Free Children (15 years of age and under)
- $40.00 Muir Woods Annual Pass**
** This pass is good for 12 months. It admits the pass holder and three persons (16 and older) into Muir Woods National Monument in Mill Valley, CA.
Presidio of San Francisco
Parking is available throughout the Presidio. Most parking areas are regulated by either the Golden Gate National Recreation Area or the Presidio Trust. Regulations may vary in different areas of the Presidio. When parking, always follow posted regulations. For more information on the paid parking managed by the Presidio Trust see http://www.presidio.gov/transportation/Pages/parking.aspx
Below are the parking fees managed by Golden Gate National Recreation Area:
- Battery East Parking lot - Fees collected via automated fee machines every day (except Federal Holidays) from (10am-5pm) $1.20 per hr/$7 per day. Machines accept debit/credit cards and coins. ADA placard holders exempt.
- West Bluff parking lot - Fees collected via automated fee machines weekends only from (10am-5pm) $1.20 per hr/$7 per day. Machines accept debit/credit cards and coins. ADA placard holders exempt. A 3 hour time limit is in place Monday - Friday.
Special Park Uses
Some outdoor activities require a special use permit. These activities include getting married in the park, having a picnic with more than 50 people, commercial filming and photography, and athletic contests such as triathlons. to find out more, please visit our special use permit page