|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Alexandra Picavet, 415-561-4732
Golden Gate National Recreation Area, CA--With the America's Cup races beginning Thursday, October 4, and run through Sunday, October 7, in conjunction with Fleet Week Blue Angles activities and several other major events in and around San Francisco, it will take extra planning and patience to visit Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) this weekend. The National Park Service is working to accommodate event spectators while also protecting the amazing natural and cultural resources in its care.
Parking will be extremely limited and strictly managed during peak times. It is highly recommended to use public transit (MUNI), bicycle, taxi, carpool, or walk when visiting Fort Point, Lands End, Crissy Field, and Aquatic Park in San Francisco. Similarly, Conzelman Road or Fort Baker in the Marin Headlands will be congested, and parking management in place as needed throughout the event weekend. All parking is first-come, first-served. People with a valid ADA state placard or license plate will be given first opportunity to look for available parking.
The National Park Service (NPS) Law Enforcement is coordinating with the California Highway Patrol, CalTrans and other law enforcement agencies to protect visitors, manage traffic and parking, and protect the resources during this very busy weekend.
As in past years, many access roads will be closed to vehicle traffic for visitor safety once they are at capacity, and some park areas will be closed to protect wildlife, sensitive habitat, and historic structures. Closures include Marina Boulevard and various parking areas along Crissy Field and upper Fort Mason. Conzelman Road in the Marin Headlands will be very congested and parking is limited. Once the parking is filled the area will be closed.
For same day traffic information, please call 5-1-1.
- America's Cup information and schedule is available at www.americascup.com.
- Fleet week information and schedule is available at www.fleetweek.us
- San Francisco MUNI: www.sfmuni.com (415) 673-6864
- Bay Area-Wide: www.511.org or call 817-1717 or 511 from any area code
- East Bay BART: www.bart.gov (510) 465-2278
- North Bay Golden Gate Transit: www.goldengate.org (415) 455-2000
- Peninsula/South Bay CalTrain: www.caltrain.com (800) 660-4287
- Doyle Drive construction and traffic updates: www.presidioparkway.org
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area: www.nps.gov/gov