Special Use Permit

Two photographers in silhouette take photos of sunlit buttes reflected in lake
Commercial photography and filming require a permit

Gary Ladd


The Special Use Permit (SUP) program authorizes activities that provide benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large; and that require written authorization and some degree of management control in order to protect park resources and the public interest. Examples include commercial photography and filming, fishing tournaments, weddings and other large group gatherings, 1st Amendment activities, and rights-of-way/easements.

Special Use Permits are granted for specific periods of time and specific locations. Certain fees and insurance requirements may apply.

Please allow time for applications to be processed. Applications must be submitted at minimum 45 days prior to any special event, filming and/or photography project to accommodate permitting and park planning and compliance process. Every effort will be made to accommodate permit applications sooner if allowed by processes. Please contact the Special Park uses Coordinator to inquire about permitting timelines. Thank You.

Application forms can be found below. If you have any questions, would like more information and/or for application submission, please contact the Special Park uses Coordinator at 928-608-6323.

SUP Forms

SUP General Information (pdf file)

SUP General Application (pdf file)

Filming Forms

Filming General Information (pdf file)

Filming Application Short Form (pdf file)

Filming Application Long Form (pdf file)

Last updated: December 23, 2019

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1507
Page, AZ 86040


(928) 608-6200
Receptionist available at Glen Canyon Headquarters from 7 am to 4 pm MST, Monday through Friday. The phone is not monitored when the building is closed.

Contact Us