|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Six Cruise Lines Submit Proposals to Operate in Glacier Bay
Six cruise lines have submitted proposals in response to a prospectus under which multiple concession contracts may be awarded for the operation of cruise ship services within Glacier Bay National Park. The contracts will include the initial allocation of a limited number of vessel use days in Glacier Bay during June through August of each year of the contract term. The anticipated term of the contracts will be January 1, 2010 – September 30, 2019. The deadline for submitting proposals for the initial allocation of available cruise ship use days was August 18, 2008.
Proposals were received from:
• Compagnie Des Iles Du Ponant, incorporated in Marseille, France
• Holland America Line, Inc., incorporated in Washington State
• Magical Cruise Company, Limited, d.b.a. Disney Cruise Line, incorporated in the United Kingdom
• NCL (Bahamas) Ltd, d.b.a. Norwegian Cruise Line, incorporated in Bermuda
• Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd, incorporated in Bermuda
• West Travel, Inc. d.b.a. Cruise West, incorporated in Washington State
The prospectus, and additional information regarding this concession opportunity, are available on the Glacier Bay website at: http://www.nps.gov/glba/parkmgmt/cruise-ships.htm.