Central States Gas Plant

Gas plant
Central States Gas Plant 1936

The Central States Gas Plant, pictured bottom left, sat where the Visitor Center parking lot does today (First and Willow Streets) in the 1920s. It had provided the people of Vincennes and surrounding communities with power and light for many years. It had also provided many jobs and a way of life for many of the people of the area.

However, by the mid-1930s, this building, once one of the most high-tech and indispensable buildings in Vincennes, had disappeared. Today it is covered by grass, asphalt pavement, and concrete sidewalks.
















Last updated: April 10, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

401 S. 2nd Street
Vincennes, IN 47591

Phone:

(812) 882-1776 x1210

Contact Us