Permits & Reservations


Ranger-guided tours for groups larger then 10 persons are available by reservation only, and are subject to staff availability.

Requests are accepted for group tours Wednesday through Sunday between 10 am and 4 pm. Please send the request 10 business days in advance of the requested date to ensure there is staff to conduct your program. To request a ranger-guided tour for your group, submit a Tour Request Form to the Education Program Coordinator at e-mail us.

For more information about planning class field trips, please see Plan a Field Trip.

For more information about reserving a tour for your group, please contact the visitor center at (212)666-1640 or by e-mail.



A Special Use Permit is required for any activity that provides a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the park or the public at large. Many of the events that require permits also require some degree of oversight from National Park Service staff.

First Amendment Activities

We encourage citizens to exercise rights guaranteed by the Constitution. However, the courts have recognized that activities associated with the exercise of these rights may be reasonably regulated to protect the public and park resources. Therefore, such First Amendment activities involving over 25 participants require special use permits and National Park Service staff may regulate the time, place, and manner in which they are conducted. Some examples are:

  • distribution and/or sale of printed matter
  • religious services
  • public demonstrations or assemblies, etc.
  • collecting signatures for petitions
View and print the Permit Instructions and Requirements for General Grant National Memorial

Commercial Filming and Photography
A Commercial Filming/Still Photography Permit is required for any filming or photography done by photojournalists, other members of the media, and all commercial entities within the boundary of General Grant National Memorial. Check on this map to see if your proposed activity is inside the Memorial boundary or on adjacent New York City property.
Application Forms
Please Contact

For more information regarding special use and commercial filming at General Grant National Memorial, please email us.

Application Process

To apply for a permit, complete the form, and send it with a non-refundable application fee of $50 to:

General Grant National Memorial
National Park Service
Attention: Business Management Program
26 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005
Please make check or money order payable to the "National Park Service". Note that this is only an application form. A permit form will be sent to you as soon as we approve your proposed activity. No Special Use Permit is valid until signed by the Superintendent or other authorized federal official. Please be advised that additional fees maybe assessed, depending upon the nature of the activity.

Last updated: February 23, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Riverside Drive and W. 122nd Street
New York, NY 10027


(646) 670-7251

Contact Us