Applying for a CUA

Early planning ensures you have a CUA in-hand before you start commercially operating! You must apply for a CUA with each park in which you wish to operate. Application information is available on park websites or by directly contacting park CUA offices. Use the interactive map tool below to view specific park CUA program websites.

Keep in mind that while all parks use the standard OMB approved CUA Application (NPS Form 10-550)(.pdf, 706KB), parks can add conditions or require additional documentation specific to each type of CUA (e.g., Wilderness First Aid certification for backcountry guides). You will need to access the park specific CUA application to apply. You are also required to pay a non-refundable CUA application fee each time you submit a CUA application. Find out more about required CUA fees.

Online CUA Application System

We are developing an online system designed to accept and process commercial use authorization (CUA) applications, reports, and CUA fees. A system pilot will run from November 2022, to April 1, 2023, for Glacier Bay and Denali National Parks CUA applicants and CUA holders.

We will also provide the broader public a system overview in Spring of 2023 and will engage in a public comment period to solicit feedback on the system. We will use the feedback received during the pilot and public comment period to improve the system before it goes into effect in 2024.

Last updated: October 25, 2022