1. Interpretive Ranger
• Presents interpretive walks or talks or conducts informal presentations at various locations.
2. Visitor Use Assistant
• Provides information and orientation to park visitors at Visit Center or other locations.
• Helps with special programs at the Monument throughout the year.
3. Roving Trail Ambassador
• Hikes Monument trails to assist visitors understanding and appreciation, as well as document visitor usage or trail damage. This is not a law enforcement position.
4. Trail Crew
• Performs trail maintenance, including maintaining and installing water bars and signs, working spring through fall.
5. Natural Resource Worker
• Assists in weed management program by identifying, pulling or cutting weeds during the summer season.
6. Maintenance Worker
• Participates in maintenance duties such as cleaning, painting, and making repairs.
7. Librarian / Information Manager
• Assists the Monument in organizing and maintaining the library and photo collections.
Consider joining our team!
PLEASE CONTACT THE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR at (719) 748-3253 ext. 202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interests.