Road Maintenance Projects Information
Mosaic Canyon Road: Closed for major construction work on the adjacent Stovepipe Wells water tank and water line for an extended period of time.
- Alternative scenic hikes include Grotto Canyon (may require four-wheel drive), Fall Canyon, and Golden Canyon.
- Suggested alternative route around road closure (not a designated trail) adds an additional five miles to the hike (total 9 miles). You will not be hiking on a trail, but walking cross-country through rugged terrain, so please be careful of your footing. Please park at the Stovepipe Wells Ranger Station.
Pavement Preservation Project: A series of chip seal projects will take place in Death Valley National Park from February through April 2019. There will be occassional closures of parking lots and traffic delays. Work will include North Highway (aka Scotty's Castle Road), Stovepipe Wells, Emigrant Canyon, Wildrose, and Father Crowley.
- Towne Pass Curve Correction: This is a major project and will involve traffic delays on CA-190 from just west of Emigrant Junction to just east of Towne Pass.
- Start Date: 2/19/19
- Expected completion date: N/A
- Traffic delays: not more than 20 minutes