- Dante's View Road: Closed due to snow and ice.
- Lower Wildrose Road: Closed between the Wildrose Campground and Panamint Valley Road. Access to Wildrose Campground, Wildrose Peak and Telescope Peak trails is possible via Emigrant Canyon Road from CA 190.
- Upper Wildrose Road: Closed from Charcoal Kilns to Mahogany Flat due to snow.
- Emigrant Canyon Road: Closed due to snow and ice.
- Scotty's Castle Road: Open from CA-190 to Ubehebe Crater Road. Closed into Grapevine Canyon (Bonnie Claire Road) due to flood damage. No access to Scotty's Castle or NV-267. Racetrack Road, Ubehebe Crater, and Mesquite Spring Campground are not affected by this closure.
- Artist's Drive: Will be closed from January 9, 2017 through March 16, 2017 for much needed flood repairs.
- Keane Wonder Road and Mine: Closed due to mine safety hazards.
For backcountry roads, the standard conditions are of various qualities from 2wd to extreme 4x4 routes. Many roads are very remote and road conditions can change without notice. For the most up to date backcountry road information and conditions, please visit Death Valley Road Conditions on Facebook.